Selling Your Home
Having a REALTOR® that understands the process and has the tools and knowledge necessary to streamline the process can make selling your home less stressful and more rewarding.
Let’s Take a Look at the Process of Selling Your Home
The first step in the process is to prepare a Comparative Market Analysis or CMA.
A CMA provides you with an estimated market value of your home based on a detailed analysis of similar homes that have sold in your area.
Keep in mind that there are many factors that can determine the value of your home and a CMA is not always the most accurate.
I recently had a property in which 3 different Real Estate Agents presented CMAs that showed a $550,000 market value. This property was very unique and I could tell from experience that the property would sell for a much higher price.
We ended up selling this property for $650,000!
CMAs are a valuable tool, but there is no substitute for experience. If you think you your home is worth more than the CMA shows, do not be afraid to discuss this with your REALTOR®.
Once we have agreed on a market value for your home, I will then put together a customized marketing plan designed to get your home in front of as many buyers as possible and in the shortest amount of time.
This is one of the keys to selling your home quickly and at the highest possible price!
Many agents utilize the “List and Hope” approach, where they focus on getting listings and then let other agents bring them the buyers.
I prefer to list your home and then actively market your home through every available marketing channel, resulting in less time on the market and a higher selling price.
Getting Your Home Ready To Sell
All of my clients receive a detailed list of the things that they can do to prepare their home for today’s market. Here is a sampling of what you can expect.
- Professional Photos – Don’t let a Real Estate Agent take the photos of your home! First impressions are everything and photos of your home are the first impression that buyers will have. I will hire a professional photographer to take photos.
- Drone Footage – If appropriate, I will hire a professional to take drone footage of the exterior of your home and property. This can provide one of a kind images that show your home in a very different light, separating it from others on the market.
- Decluttering Your Home – I will provide you with advice on decluttering your home. When a buyer walks through your home, I want them to be able to picture themselves living in your home. This is much easier for them if the home is not cluttered with personal belongings.
- Improvements – If appropriate, I will provide with a list of improvements that will help sell your home faster and for a higher price. Of course, it is always up to you whether or not to make any improvements.
- Staging – I will provide you with suggestions for staging your home in a way that will appeal to the highest number of buyers.
Now It Is Show Time!
You have taken the right steps to prepare your home and are ready to allow REALTOR®s to show it to prospective buyers.
This when all the hard work getting your home ready to sell will pay off.
You will be notified in advance when there is a showing scheduled and I recommend that you are not present during the showing.
We Have an Offer!
This is when the excitement begins to build and with a properly marketed home, you may have many offers to choose from.
Each offer should be discussed in detail with your REALTOR® in order to understand all aspects of the offer.
The highest offer may not always be the best offer and a knowledgable REALTOR® can explain the differences and what they mean in your particular situation.
Once all parties have signed the offer, we then must move through the offer and complete the steps necessary to fulfill the contract.
I will walk you through the steps and I can also recommend attorneys and any other professionals needed to get the contract to close.
You have gone through the process of selling your home and it is time to close the transaction.
The closing will likely take place at an attorney’s office and you may or may not attend, but you are not required to attend.
If you choose not to attend, you will sign the deed ahead of time and provide your attorney with wire instructions and he/she will wire the funds to your account.
If you do choose to attend, you will sign the deed at the closing and you may receive a check for the proceeds.
That wasn’t hard, was it?
Give me a call and let’s get your home sold Today!
Covering areas of Fairfield, New Haven and Litchfield Counties.
Buying or selling your home is not a difficult process when you have a trusted advisor to lean on.
I would love the opportunity to put my knowledge and experience to work for you!